Where the Worry Ends
is the where the worry ends and life begins.
Home. There's no place like it. It is the centrepiece to our lives, a sanctuary of love and comfort. Home Instead Senior Care understands this. And we help your loved loved one stay there while addressing all of your valid concerns.
- Your loved one stays where they feel safe and surrounded by memories.
- You can feel at ease about their safety
- They receive necessary help with shopping and errands
- We work with you in arranging the appropriate assistance for their needs
- We'll assist you every step - from starting the conversation to making a plan
“I was so happy to know that staying at home was an option for my mum
She has always been a scrap booker and it’s incredibly touching to see how much it has meant for her to stay surrounded with her own photos, paints, stickers, crafts and intimate memories. And the best part is, now I feel confident knowing that she’s safe, living at home, even when I can’t be there. It’s like we’re starting a whole new chapter. A great one. Thank you so much.”
Jane J., client’s daughter
Where to start
Instead of wondering where to start,
there's Home Instead.
You and your family are not alone, and we understand the options may seem overwhelming. With Home Instead Senior Care, you're on your way to making a positive change.
- You've done your research and narrowed down your options
- You've identified your unique needs
- You want your loved one safe without losing personal freedom
- We help you find the solution that fits you and your family perfectly
"There is a feeling of assurance that the person you love and care for is being taken care of in your absence. That's what Home Instead does. My aunt hates to see the CAREGivers go. There are times she probably likes to seem them more than see me."
- Ryan K., client's nephew
To you, it's about finding a trusted partner.
To us it's personal.
Paul and Lori Hogan founded Home Instead Senior Care in 1994 after caring for Paul's grandmother. An active and loving woman, the little help she needed to stay safe while living at home encouraged Paul and Lori to start a service that offered the same kind of help to families just like theirs.
Since then, we have been devoted to the highest qulaity care for your loved one in the comforting atmosphere of home. Today, the Home Instead Senior Care network has more than 850 independently-owned and operated franchises across 15 countries. Caring is what we do. It's what we love. And it's what we hope to share with you and your family. To us it's personal.
“Elaine gives above and beyond the call of duty.
She doesn’t act like it’s just a job. More like it’s a calling. I feel that she was born to look after other people”
Anne Marie P., client’s daughter
Instead of Stress
Instead of Stress,
there's Home Instead.
It's our goal to assist you in any way to ensure your personal health and well-being throughout this entire process. So to help you reduce stress and stay informed, many resources are offered. Talk to your local Home Instead Senior Care office to discover how we can help you:
- Ensure your personal health and well-being
- Reduce stress
- Stay informed
5 important questions
Here are just 5 important questions you should ask yourself:
- What is your biggest concern regarding your ageing loved one?
- Are you worried about supporting your ageing loved one while also keeping up with the needs of your spouse, kids, job, home and your personal needs?
- Are you making compromises in your life due to your responsibilities as a family carer?
- What do you need to help create balance in your life?
- What do you need to feel confident that your loved one is safe to remain in their home?
Your Local Office
Owners Sarah and Martin Warner
Today, many relationships are formed daily through CAREGivers who provide assistance with activities that used to be simple. Tasks like grabbing a tin of soup. from the top shelf, opening the mail, reading a book, folding laundry, tying shoelaces or scrapbooking family history are not as easy as they used to be for many seniors.
No matter where seniors live, in their own home, residential care facilities or nursing homes, Home Instead Senior Care is currently providing thousands of hours of senior home care services annually to the western and northern suburbs of Brisbane.
Call us on 07 3720 8400 or visit www.homeinstead.com.au for more information
Our Local CAREGivers
We want to introduce you to one of our special CAREGivers, Karyn McLennan, who as the National Home Instead CAREGiver of the Year, proves herself every day to have the kind of compassion you can expect from Home Instead Senior Care. Each CAREGiver is specially trained to provide the unique, personal attention your loved one needs. You can trust their experience. Your loved one can trust in their care.
When a House is a Home
When a House
is a Home.
- Your local Home Instead Senior Care office is your connection to the best one-on-one, non-medical assistance available
- As daily activities become more challenging, Home Instead Senior Care provides different levels of care
- From meal preparation to shopping and errands, and from personal care to compaionship, a Home Instead CAREGiver balances assistance with confident self-reliance
- Staying close to memories and familiar surroundings can make ageing a more calming, soothing process
- Your loved one's freedom to stay at home helps maintain your lifestyle as well
“Sarah knew how much my mother cherished her houseplants and the birds that came to her bird bath each day. So she set up a feeder just by my mum’s bedroom window. Now they laugh together at the antics of the birds that come to feed at it”
Alex V., client’s daughter
Taking Good Care
Our Home Instead Senior Care Network
- Has more than 40,000 passionate CAREGivers
- Each takes pride in helping families in their communities
- Each brings a wealth of knowledge to everything they do
- Most have previous experience caring for older family members, friends or both
- Undergo a thorough screening process with criminal background and multiple reference checks
- Are fully insured
- Take part in our exclusive multi-phase training programme specialising in common issues and challenges facing people as they get older
Our steps towards caring
- We visit to meet and learn about your loved one's needs and wants, and determine the CAREGiver skills to provide the required care
- We select the CAREGiver who closely matches your loved one's needs and introduce them on their first visit
- We conduct Quality Assurance visits and record all communications to ensure you are confident and comfortable with the care being provided
“Since Home Instead came into the picture it’s less stressful.
It’s nicer, I talk to my mum and she’s busy – she’s not waiting for a call from me. It’s finally back to the balanced mother/daughter relationship we’d been missing”
Helen C., client’s daughter
We can help
We can help,
and here's how:
- Improved quality of life reduces stress for everyone
- Flexible and responsive services tailored to your exact needs and preferences
- Intimate knowledge of clients to anticipate changing needs before they arise
- Trusted Home Instead CAREGivers for safe in-home living
- You choose the services you want - and we can change services and schedules to suit your daily needs
- No assessment is required and services can start immediately
- Services are available from just 2 hours to 24 hours, 7 days a week
- The services we provide will grow to include activities and support unique to your own needs
- Companionship and conversation
- Record family history
- Play mind stimulating games
- Participate in crafts
- Writing letters and correspondence
- Organise mail
- Arrange appointments
- Assist with evening activities and tuck in services
- Assist with morning activities and wake up services
- Discuss current and historical events
- Light housekeeping, dusting
- Assist with laundry and ironing
- Provide incidental transportation
- Make beds and change sheets
- Plan, prepare and clean up meals
- Prepare grocery list
- Monitor diet, eating and food expiry dates
- Organise and clean cupboards
- Ensure a safe and healthy environment
- Drop off and pick up dry cleaning
- Drop off and pick up prescriptions
- Medication reminders
- Assist with pet care
- Help with washing or showering
- Assist with dressing and personal grooming
- Help with managing incontinence care
- Assist with eating
- Assist with mobility and walking
- Escorting to appointments, shopping or social outings
- Assistance with communication
- Dementia or Alzheimer's care
- Respite or convalescence care
Our Pledge To You
This pledge not only represents our commitment to your rights , but also the promise to uphold them.
Our pledge to you
We pledge that our clients will be:
- Treated with dignity, respect and courtesy;
- Provided with quality care services;
- Kept informed and consulted about the care services being provided;
- Express their own views and change services as required;
- Subject to privacy and confidentiality, and provided access to all information kept by the local Home Instead Senior Care office about you;
- Able to use an advocate on your behalf, and make a complaint.
Home Instead Senior Care expects that the client will:
- Make every effort to assist in providing a safe workplace
- Ensure that all health and safety risks that are bought to their attention are eliminated or adequately controlled.
Home Instead Senior Care is committed to the delivery of high quality care services. Inherent in this high quality care is the recognition that a client may have cause to make a complaint about the services provided. Each office will investigate any client complaint fairly, promptly, confidentially and without retribution and will involve a support person or advocate of the client’s choice in grievance discussions where requested.
Home Instead Senior Care
L10 Toowong Tower, 9 Sherwood Rd
Toowong, QLD 4066
If you would like to ask us a question just fill out the form below and we will get back to you.
Fields marked * are compulsory.